Friday, February 11, 2005

Oh, well!

Before I start anything, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR dearies!!! I thought this blog will cease to exist till yh post? Hmmm I see that you ani't keeping to your promise, pw! But I sincerely and seriously understand and pity your situation. I ain't being sarcastic here.

Firstly, being the eldest, I am taught to give in to my sisters and subsequently sacrifice for them. As the "da-jie" of the family (if you remember, I have sooo many siblings after me), I have learnt to naturally sacrifice certain aspects of my life. One such is education. I have spent too much of my parent's money due to my foolishness before poly and thus, I have to make full use of poly and make sure I get reasonable results. Of course, I'd prefer to get my degree first as I'm afraid of the lack of motivation after working 3 years. However, I know I cannot because of the huge amount of deposit my parents have to lay down for the S'pore government. Plus, the school fees they've to squeeze to put me through uni. All these don't come cheap.

I understand your "pek chek-ness" with you sister. "Why can't she just be more accomodating and spare a thought for me!!??" You must be screaming inside. Well, the advantage of being the eldest is parents give you almost anything you want, you wish for. I realized that some 2 years ago. It's easy to say "Pa, I need money for this. It's essential to get me better results, yada yada yada." I am not saying I use this tactic but I've come to realize that it's really easy to press your parents for items that you want as compared to the younger sibling. Christine was not very happy when I got my laptop. :P But I explained to her la! So, it was easy for your sis to upgrade her room to single occupancy.

I suppose your parents did not explain to her that they still need to support you for your further education. I think they need to because that is when your sis will understand that your parents ain't bottomless pit. And she HAS to spare a thought for you.

Cheer up, ok? Things may not be that bad after all. Perhaps you can talk to your mum and tell her that (eg) a degree in Australia uni will cost the same as a degree in NUS/ NTU because you get exemption over at Down Under.

So, chill, babe! May the year of rooster bring luck, prosperity, wealth, joy, happiness and health to ALL of us and our dear ones!! ;D

Miss you five to bits!

No comments: